- Form a clear objective.
- Know how your skills and experience support your objective.
- Limit your resume to one page.
- Create your resume in a word processing program.
- Compose a separate cover letter to accompany each resume and address the letter to a specific person.
- Concentrate on the positive and use action verbs.
- Spell check and have someone carefully proofread it for misspellings, grammatical errors, or typos.
- Make it too long. Most new graduates should limit their resumes to one page. An extensive work history can reasonably constitute two pages.
- Use complete sentences. Use as few words to say as much as possible.
- Use slang or jargon.
- Be too modest. Put your best foot forward without arrogance or falsification.
Career Services email@example.com
Location: Bawcom Student Union, Second Floor (Student Life Suite)
Address: 900 College Street, UMHB Station Box 8415, Belton, TX 76513
Phone: (254) 295-4691
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm